This is a very short post. I will just have one question for everyone. I really crave for your feedback because what I am experiencing in college bothers me. A lot.
Should people be friendly to each other?
Just pure friendly. Not because “I want to network with you”. Not because “I want to appear as a friendly person”. And certainly not because “I want you to do me a favor” (Yuck). In my definition, being friendly means:
– Not shot a cold look at someone you obviously know and even talk to before.
– When you accidentally meet someone’s eyes, smile at them, even when they are strangers.
– When you sit next to someone, in an event or a classroom for example, at least say Hi and get to know their names.
– When someone breaks the ice by asking you questions that show their genuine interest in getting to know you, you respond. And you also ask them questions like “How about you?” to keep conversations going instead of letting them feel like they are interrogating you.
– You have enough sense to know that there are shy people. And you try to start conversations first with them.
Just simple like that. I want to know if readers think that people should do this to each other. Or do the opposite like how a lot of students at my college are doing.
Thank you for reading!